SQL Anywhere is a comprehensive suite of solutions that provides data management, synchronization and data exchange technologies that enable the rapid development and deployment of database-powered applications in remote and mobile environments
Features and Benefits
- Out-of-Box Performance:
With self-tuning query optimizer and dynamic cache sizing features, data-driven applications built with SQL Anywhere require little to no DBA support to provide a powerful application. SQL Anywhere applications handle 20,000 transactions per minute, thousands of users and hundreds of gigabytes of data.
- Advanced Synchronization:
Data-driven applications are able to integrate securely and reliably with databases using enterprise-class synchronization features provided in SQL Anywhere. It is the only synchronization technology that provides data synchronization between the leading mobile devices and Sybase, Microsoft, Oracle, MySQL and IBM databases in the enterprise.
- Feature Rich:
Developers will appreciate the advanced features, platform flexibility, and compliance with SQL and ANSI standards when building a data-driven application with SQL Anywhere. Features like OLAP, materialized views, snapshot isolation, full-text search, regular expressions, support for C#, VB.NET, C/C++, ASP, Java, PHP and Perl and other development languages, native access through ADO.NET, OLE DB, ODBC 3.5/level 2, JDBC 3.0 and Open Client and support for over 17 operating systems, SQL Anywhere is the ideal database technology for growing enterprises and application vendors. Client interfaces supported by SQL Anywhere.
- Easily Embedded:
SQL Anywhere was built from inception to be embedded into a server, remote workgroup or mobile application. Its many self-maintenance features like automated administration, back-up and tuning, hidden runtime mode, and an installation process that can be integrated with your application, makes it very easy to broadly deploy with any software application.
SQL Anywhere 12SQL Anywhere is optimized for mission-critical database applications running outside traditional data center environments requiring little or no onsite IT support. SQL Anywhere 12, the newest release, provides major new enhancements including; support for storage and synchronization of spatial data, iPhone devices, large-scale synchronization environments, and new self-management features.
Here is a summary of some of the key new features and functionality included in SQL Anywhere 12:
- Spatial support to enable tracking, location aware querying, data management and synchronization of spatial data; support for OGC and SQLMM standards for spatial data types and APIs, native import for shape files and built in functions to export to KML, GML and SVG formats.
- Scale-out support to allow high transaction volume database servers to offload read-only and reporting transactions to a self-managing tree of scale-out servers.
- Mobility tools to effectively manage, monitor, diagnose and deploy large scale sync environments on various device platforms, the addition of iPhone support in SQL Anywhere 12 makes Sybase the only database vendor to provide such capabilities for Blackberry, Windows Mobile and iPhone.
- Self-management innovations such as server thread auto-tuning that automatically adapts to changing workloads, self-healing statistics management, and synchronization dynamic cache sizing for environments where resources are changing in real-time and DBA intervention is not readily available.
- Developer productivity enhancements including new Oracle/MySQL compatibility; support for .NET 4.0 and Visual Studio 2010; and enhanced full-text search filtering capabilities.